The Studio School welcomes applications from Aboriginal students entering Year 10 who have a desire to learn, grow and realise their full potential.
Yiramalay transferred to Studio Schools of Australia on July 1 2022. If you are interested in enrolling at the Yiramalay Studio School, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 439 653 684
1. How to apply
- Contact Studio Schools of Australia for an application form.
- Provide a copy of the students’ birth certificate, most recent school report, copy of Medicare and Centrelink cards and current immunisation status.
Once you have submitted all of these documents, our Community Engagement Officer will contact you about your application.
Applications will be considered and students will be invited to a meeting with the school.
This meeting gives the student and the family an opportunity to meet with school staff and learn about the program.
3. Invitation to attend Induction
To be eligible for entry into the Year 10 program (Senior Years Preparation Program) all students need to attend the three-week Induction program, which takes place at the Yiramalay site.
The Deputy Director or Community Engagement Officer will be in contact to make travel arrangements and discuss the requirements of the Induction program.
All paperwork and the Abstudy application must be completed prior to participation in Induction.
4. Post-induction review
All students must successfully complete the three-week Induction program before officially enrolling at the Studio School.
Successful completion of the Induction program relies on:
- teacher assessment of the student’s academic potential, attitude, readiness to learn, participation and guardian support.
- feedback from community members and Elders
- the Deputy Director and Student Wellbeing Coordinator’s recommendation.